Image

Image

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Review of Facade

Facade
http://www.facade.com/



The site I’m reviewing this time is not an astrology site.
It’s an interactive computer site which reads tarot cards, and runes, and the I Ching, and biorhythms, and various other methods of divination.  And they are all completely random results chosen by a computer.  (It even flips an electronic coin!) So why am I reviewing it? Well first, because I like it, it’s a lot of fun! But there is also another reason, a method to my madness if you will.    

It’s been said that every grain of sand has the shape of the mountain.  What does that mean?  Well, I was taught that there is ultimately only one truth (the shape of the mountain), and it doesn’t really matter how you find it because whichever method you use (or whichever grain of sand you study) is just as valid as any other method because they all lead to the same truth in the end. So, it doesn’t really matter whether you use astrology, or tarot cards, or religion, or math, or science, or colors, or music, or words, or numbers, or whatever – if you can understand it, the results will be the same.
  
I use astrology because it makes the most sense to me, but I also have a working knowledge of tarot cards, numerology, cartomancy (playing cards), and runes, all of which correspond to astrology and to each other in some way.  I admit that I am often skeptical of the beliefs some people hold, but I try to keep an open mind, since I am aware that many people are just as skeptical of my beliefs.  And I have been surprised on quite a few occasions.  

Over the centuries man has used some astonishing and truly bizarre modes of prophecy which I thought you might enjoy. Also, you may find that it makes some of the beliefs held today seem almost normal in comparison. 

Axinomancy- by a stone balanced on a red-hot ax.
Cephalomancy – by boiling a donkey’s head
Chalomancy – by interpreting the tones made by striking 
       copper or brass bowls
Chresmomancy – by the utterances of a person in a frenzy
Felidomancy – by the behavior and action of cats
Gelomancy – by the interpretation of hysterical laughter
Gyromancy – by the mutterings of those exhausted by 
        wild dancing
Metopomancy or Metoposcopy – by the lines on a person’s
        forehead
Myomancy – by the sudden appearance of rats or mice
Omphalomancy – by contemplation of one’s own navel
Podomancy – by study of the soles of the feet
Scapulomancy – by the markings on the shoulder bone of an 
         animal
Sciomancy – by the size, shape and changing appearance of 
         shadows of the dead
Splanchomancy – by examining the entrails of sacrificial
         victims
Uromancy – by inspection of urine
Zoomancy – by reports of imaginary animals, such as Sea
          monsters







The Shape of the Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment